Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ever get a song stuck in your head? Not like the finger-tapping random-humming types, but the ones where you only know a few words and you keep repeating them over and over and over? /twitch. Demi Lovato has completely done that to me, and while I want to blame her, I can't. I blame my friend, Katie, who let me scroll through her iTunes and ravage it for new inspiration music.

Well, the inspiration came, just with the crazy re-signing of the same song for three days now. Haha... /twitch twitch.

I'm kidding. I can't blame anyone for my random brain's choosing to suck onto one song like a squid latching onto prey for lunch. Only me. And the inspiration has been working just fine, too. I'm not going to snub my nose at ten more pages sitting in my sacred Word document. Heck, I'm about ready to party. I'm halfway through my first draft and it's freaking beautiful. No more strong characters deciding they didn't like my guessing of their story, no more shredded outlines and nights of frustrating not-writer's-block because each one of them is screaming at once, begging me to write them first. To the voices in my head; I am only one vessel, with two very clumsy hands. I can't write all your stories at once. Please form a single line and take a number.

As far as I know, that didn't sound too crazy. Coming from a crazy person, though, maybe you shouldn't believe me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment